If you said yes to one or more of these questions, WE CAN HELP!
Snoring is a strong warning sign that your airway is restricted. Which means you are having difficulty breathing when you sleep. Snoring is a sign you might have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. It is estimated that over 85% of Sleep Apnea is undiagnosed.
Snoring is the most common sleep problem.
- Over 50% of the population will habitually snore at some point in their lives.
- Estimated over 90 million Americans have a snoring problem
- 80% of couples, where at least one partner snores, sleep separately
Sleep apnea is a chronic condition that occurs when your muscles relax during sleep and collapse the airway. As a result, repeated breathing stoppages occur, which reduce your oxygen levels. These breathing stoppages are followed by brief awakenings that disturb your sleep.
Sleep Apnea has many adverse consequences including:
- Daytime tiredness
- Negatively impact your relationships
- Higher risk of developing other serious health problems such as heart disease, hypertension, and stroke to name a few
- Higher risk of accidents due to sleepiness
For those who have already been diagnosed and have trouble with their CPAP machine, call us.. CPAP is only one of the solutions to help treat sleep apnea.
As your dentist, we can make a customized Oral Appliance to treat your sleep apnea. These Oral Appliances are more comfortable than most CPAP machines.
Sleep Apnea is a very serious and dangerous condition. If you answered YES to any of the above questions, please call us to discuss how we can help you get a better night’s sleep.